Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Follow your Passions - {Guest Post}

Follow Your Passions

Hey, and welcome to the Moms Next Door. My name is Christine Steendam and I’m a mom, wife, zoo-keeper (not really, but it feels like it sometimes), and a full-time author of adventure romance novels.
I could use this guest post to tell you all about me and my books, and then ask you to go buy them, but I’m not going to do that. I want to talk about dreams. Something so many of us stay-at-home moms have.
The transition from the working world to mom is tough. It’s a whole change of pace, not to mention getting used to the fact that you’re no longer bringing an income into the family like you used to. If you’re anything like me, you struggled with feeling inferior and obsolete—and although we can feel this way, it is unfounded. Where would our families be if we weren’t there to care for them? But here’s the beauty of it all, you now have an opportunity to follow your dreams and passions.
When I had my first son, after that adjustment period of figuring out what I was doing with this tiny human being that demanded my attention constantly, I took it as an opportunity to pursue my writing full-time. Everyone always told me writing wasn’t a good career choice; it was a shot in the dark, not a sure thing. So, when I needed to be bringing in an income, I put my dreams to the side. Becoming a mom meant I could bring those dreams back to the forefront and chase them.
I see so many moms following their passions, and I love it. The internet has opened up so many possibilities. I see women designing beautiful accessories, encouraging fitness, educating others on the wonders of natural cleaning products and great skin care. The world is changing for us stay-at-home moms and it is allowing us to follow our passions in a whole new way while contributing to the family income.
Whatever your dreams and passions may consist of, I hope you think about following them. You never know what’s around the corner for you. And if those dreams consist of writing, please feel free to contact me with any questions or to just chat. We all start somewhere, and we need to build a support network to get us to that next step. What better way than to connect with moms just like you?
Christine Steendam

I write historical and contemporary romance that takes you on an adventure. Stop by and say hey on Facebook or Twitter. I’d love to hear from you.

Sign-up for my newsletter and receive Owned by the Ocean for FREE. Introduce yourself to the Ocean series and adventure on the high seas.
Heart Like an Ocean
Unforgiving Plains
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment